Quote worthy

I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye
-The Doctor

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

ah, the day of love, chocolates and other crazy types of things that can make you stupid/sick... Don't get me wrong, I love valentines day and I LOVE chocolate but I think its a little overrated... can't you ask someone out on a day OTHER than valentines day? Can't you get the person you love a big stuffed teddy bear and a box of chocolates on a day OTHER than valentines day? And isn't it easier to get reservations to your dates favorite expensive restaurant on a day OTHER than valentines day? wouldn't it be even MORE romantic that way too? I know, valentines day was made by card companies to make money, but people use it as an excuse for everything, and what about the people who don't even remember valentines day and rush the day of to get their significant other flowers and stuff? Wouldn't it just be a whole lot sweeter to just give it to them randomly (AKA not on valentines day) and say "I was thinking of you and thought you'd like these" with a hand written note about how much you care about them? and how many couples last FOREVER when they start going out on valentines day? not a lot... and I'm not saying there aren't couples that last forever when starting to go out on valentines day but its just that whole "OMG I HAVE to ask whats-her-face out on valentines day or I'll never get another chance" kinda thing that drives me nuts... Again, I don't need a holiday as an excuse to tell someone how I feel. as a girl I have to say sure, getting something on valentines day is really nice, but most of us daydream something crazy spectacular that normally doesn't happen so we set ourselves up for disappointment AND I think its MUCH sweeter to give gifts on days that are not birthdays or holidays! even a card that says "I'm thinking of you" can just make my day 100% more amazing! so THAT my dear readers (real and imaginary) are my thoughts on valentines day, good luck if you have any crazy ideas andI'll have more thoughts later!

No comments:

Post a Comment